Re: users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1

Kebba Foon
Thanks Gordon, i think then doing ratelimit will be more idea, i will
experience with that first.

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 12:00 -0500, [hidden email] wrote:

> Send users mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://exim4u.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. are outgoing mails scan by Clam and SA ([hidden email])
>    2. Re: are outgoing mails scan by Clam and SA (Gordon Dickens)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:58:40 +0000
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Exim4U] are outgoing mails scan by Clam and SA
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; DelSp="Yes";
> format="flowed"
>
> Dear List,
>
> our network administrator are having issues with smtp traffice (we are  
> an ISP) most of our customer's IP are sending spam, this is giving a  
> bad reputation on our IP's on the rbl's. they are suggesting that all  
> smtp traffic from our customers be forwarded to our mail server and  
> the the server will check for malform mails, scan the mails and then  
> further forward them to their destination. my question is:
>
> 1. those exim4u scan outgoing mails
> 2. is it a good idea to go about this setup?
> 3. is there any other best solutions.
>
> Thanks
> Kebba
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:00:15 -0500
> From: Gordon Dickens <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Exim4U] are outgoing mails scan by Clam and SA
> To: Exim4U General Discussion <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hi Kebba,
>
> The stock Exim4U config is not setup to scan outgoing mail for spam.  
> However, you could modify Exim4U's exim configuration file
> (/etc/exim/exim.conf) to scan outgoing mail by modifying the ACLs to
> remove the appropriate accept statements prior to the various spam
> checks.  For example, to have all authenticated mail go through all of
> the same spam checks as incoming mail, try commenting out the following
> statement from the beginning of all of the ACLs:
>
> accept authenticated = *
>
> Obviously, you would need to thoroughly test any modifications such as this.
>
> It sounds like you are interested in setting up Exim4U as a relay host
> and then to have it do spam checks.  This can also be done but you would
> need to modify the ACLs in the exim configuration file to accept mail
> from the relaying server but to then do the spam checks.
>
> As an aside, Exim4U does have the ability to ratelimit outgoing mail
> from internal accounts' to prevent abuse.  This is done in the file:
>
> /etc/exim/exim4u_local_rl.conf.inc.
>
> The ratelimiting done by this file using the stock Exim4U configuration
> is very conservative so as to not disrupt any legitimate senders,
> however, this file is fairly well self documented and you can modify the
> ratelimiting parameters in this file to be more aggressive to match your
> needs.
>
> FYI,
>
> Gordon
>
>
>
> On 02/07/2011 12:58 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >
> > our network administrator are having issues with smtp traffice (we are
> > an ISP) most of our customer's IP are sending spam, this is giving a
> > bad reputation on our IP's on the rbl's. they are suggesting that all
> > smtp traffic from our customers be forwarded to our mail server and
> > the the server will check for malform mails, scan the mails and then
> > further forward them to their destination. my question is:
> >
> > 1. those exim4u scan outgoing mails
> > 2. is it a good idea to go about this setup?
> > 3. is there any other best solutions.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Kebba
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://exim4u.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://exim4u.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>
> End of users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1
> ************************************


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://exim4u.org/mailman/listinfo/users